RNU 1.28% 7.9¢ renascor resources limited

General Discussions, page-20605

1. 9,133 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18334
    That is correct - you need to coat the PSG for batteries, and that price as reported - look at previous links is around US$8000 - US$10000 per tonne. So I will use US$9000 per tonne. End result is compare the coated graphite cost per vehicle with the synthetic graphite cost per vehicle. Anyway, these prices tend to be opaque so posters can use and model their own numbers.

Still the coated graphite price is lower than the synthetic graphite price, before the ESG benefits of coated graphite compared to synthetic graphite, but graphite is still not a significant cost in an EV when compared to lithium that is, as per my earlier post.

You need to double the coated and synthetic input cost if assuming it is 100% sole supply for either in the anode of the battery - to illustrate if the anode is purely synthetic graphite then the graphite cost per EV with a 50kWh battery is roughly A$1000 per vehicle IMO, $600 if it is from coated PSG. Obviously depends on pricing assumptions for the graphite material used.

All other things still stand from my earlier post. For the record, I know there are losses from moving from uncoated to coated graphite, but haven't sort to model these as ultimately you are looking at the coated input price (but suspect you need about 1.5 tonnes - 2 tonnes uncoated PSG material to produce 1 tonne coated PSG based on pricing differences alone and what I have read about losses). The graphite conversions from concentrate to uncoated PSG are fine as per previous embedded post where I went into such conversions - embedded Post #: 51768438.

RNU is proposing to sell uncoated PSG, which is explained in my earlier post of today (one of the embedded ones and producing coated PSG is more difficult than producing uncoated PSG obviously given the price difference)

All IMO

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5118/5118596-cfe30b4545b32f9a5693e5f4463895c5.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.