RNU 5.38% 9.8¢ renascor resources limited

Mate, you're not wrong about nuisance posters. I put them into...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    Mate, you're not wrong about nuisance posters.

I put them into two categories: malicious and harmless. The harmless posters show up after a profit warning, or on a day when the stock is down significantly. They use the term "dog stock" and write "woof woof" so much you'd think they are closet Western Bulldogs supporters It is a small-minded type of enjoyment to appear on dozens of stocks you know nothing about each day and write a negative sentence or two. Easy enough to block them. A couple were on the Woodside Petroleum forum in 2020. I am glad I didn't listen to them. Oil at $20-$40 a barrel was obviously unsustainable and $100 a barrel was a matter of when, not if. That's all the thesis I needed.

The malicious posters seem to run a campaign of multiple messages a day, or hundreds of even messages on a single stock. They have just enough knowledge to be dangerous; and spread doubt into the minds of unknowledgeable holders (myself included). Sometimes they are short sellers trying to profit from others. Despicable. They can be neutralised by better-informed holders who generously share their knowledge here and allow holders to educate themselves about a stock. These pests can similarly be blocked to make the forum experience more enjoyable.

Without that "Ignore" button, there would be a lot of rubbish to wade through on HC. It's bad enough with the relentless mobile pop-up ads to deal with.

I don't come here for a debate, or speculation about what a stock price will do this week. I come here to read and learn. Unless you have a geology degree or years of mining investing experience (or similarly heavy-duty, specific skill) who really knows whether a deposit is economical to mine or not?!

In regards to RNU, my policy is to not over-complicate things. I also hold a small cap SA copper stock which is in the same situation as Renascor -- fully permitted and approved, environmentally suitable, all the studies completed, close to infrastructure, awaiting financing and off-take agreements, and a significant size. The discussion on HC there is the same as it is here.... Why is it taking so long? The board doesn't know what they're doing. Management is enriching themselves. The commodity price has fallen. It will never get built. Woof, woof.

We all know electrification will put massive demands on commodities. It will be like nothing the world has ever seen. Ironically, the same protestors making the most noise about climate change are usually those who are against new mines and/or nuclear power. Go figure! And if the approvals are in in place, that puts your project ten or more years ahead of the latest big discovery somewhere else.

I ask myself a few questions to cut out the noise and B.S.: 1. Is this commodity forecasted to be in dire need for electrification? 2. Is all the permitting and approvals in place -- i.e. is de-risked as much as possible? 3. Do the numbers make sense -- i.e. will it be profitable, even at lower commodity prices? 4. Is it (very) likely to get built or taken-over? 5. Is it close to existing infrastructure and not in the middle of nowhere? 6. Is it in Australia, where I can easily find information about the project and stay abreast of developments; and free from sovereign risk?

If the answers to these questions are "yes", there isn't much more I can do but buy (not too heavily), continue to gather information, and hope for the best.

Because in a world where copper, manganese, lithium, graphite, aluminium, etc. are in critically short demand (and why wouldn't they be given the type of unprecedented change being not just contemplated, but already legislated) any project already approved will be desperately needed and simply gets built.

That's my plan. It isn't much, and it isn't very complicated or scientific. But it's probably as much of a game plan as many would have.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.