RNU 0.00% 7.8¢ renascor resources limited

General Discussions, page-31537

1. 1,459 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1260
    I’ve been invested in GXY/AKE/LTM for 13 years now and have rode the lithium waves. Very disappointing to see it end this way. GXY and RNU have been my picks on either side of the battery. I truly expected to ride it through to retirement.

Reading a few RIO presentations lately you can see the narrative changing to new energy particularly but also sustainability etc. Looks like they are rebranding in a way. I would not be surprised at all if they were looking to take RNU out even if just to support this rebranding. They have taken LTM out at the most desirable timing for themselves, either waited or orchestrated the merge between GXY, ORE and Livent then bought it all at a depression in the cycle. They know only too well the prices will rebound and they will be sitting pretty. LTM was run by a greedy banker and has let it go for a steel. Criminal.

LTM has done all the work with permits and in many cases either got the resource up or close to, then RIO will take all the upside. Some similarities here. This is shovel ready and compared to the lithium brines and converters very easy to do. RIO might just take this out at a very convenient time for themselves. DC owns a massive amount of shares and knows there is still plenty of risk to reach his final payday. They could take this out with their pocket money. I was always hoping it would be us and POSCO teaming up but thinking about it, now RIO has the lithium, adding graphite then working with POSCO could be a dream marriage of convenience. RIO the mining masters and POSCO with its technical ability to produce battery components (and steel).

I feel both Korean and Australian governments would be happy as well as the yanks as these two could easily compete and beat the Chinese which had been looking like a lost cause with their massive head start in the new energy area. Although the US is a basket case at the moment, they could use the end products for their auto and technology firms. They are not interested in the mining and converting. They just want anyone other than China to be producing their minerals and components.

Anyway, I figure I’m getting out in the middle with the LTM takeover. I’m terrible at getting out at the top due to being scared of paying too much tax, now a third of my portfolio is to be sold out from under me in one go. Terrible tax wise, good mortgage wise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.