RNU 7.62% 9.7¢ renascor resources limited

The electrification of the world's vehicle fleet and the storage...

1. 8,053 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 835
    The electrification of the world's vehicle fleet and the storage of energy requires massive investment and is currently in motion. There are many companies that are looking at different technologies in the attempt to dominate battery markets. The technologies are still evolving and as such not yet mature. Like with most things, there won't just be one type but multiple options depending on cost and applications. It is a little bit early to say which will be coming out on top and stay the course over the next 50 years or so.

For now and the foreseeable future Tesla, for example, relies on lithium based batteries for powering thousands of vehicles, all of which use lithium based technologies. Lithium based battery technologies are still in further development to increase energy densities.

One may care to reminisce a little about the development of USB memory sticks from humble beginnings of floppy disks. My first laptop was an Amstrad with an internal memory of less than that required currently for a 3min video and had an internal floppy disk reader/writer capable of storing only black and white typewritten pages - up to around 8-10 pages??. It was just a glorified typewriter but served it's purpose at the time. Amazing how things have developed since.

Lithium based batteries are here to stay for a while - the huge amount of investment should ensure it's survival for the foreseeable future. As for 50 years down the track - well, I'm not too phased as that will be the case for the next generation to worry about, as my own internal batteries will be fully discharged by then.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
-0.008(7.62%)
Mkt cap ! $246.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 11.0¢ 9.5¢ $1.588M 15.92M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 31250 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.7¢ 344954 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
9.6¢
  Change
-0.008 ( 5.79 %)
Open High Low Volume
10.5¢ 11.0¢ 9.5¢ 7148161
Last updated 15.59pm 19/04/2024 ?
RNU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.