RNU 5.95% 8.9¢ renascor resources limited

General Discussions, page-7134

1. 4,089 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7166
    The advantage with Australia is that we have world class infrastructure i.e roads, electricity, clean water and we have safe and stable political environments.

Renascor are mining product at Siviour in South Australia, we will then drive that concentrate 1-2 hours and upgrade it to PSG, then drive 1-2 hours and ship it to our customers

When you look at African Graphite plays they have D Grade infrastructure. There is and will be no ability to upgrade graphite into higher value product in Africa due to sub-standard roads, electricity, water and political environments. Every African graphite play will be shipping concentrate only and then upgrading it on the other side of the world if they choose to enter the downstream market (you are then essentially operating in 2 jurisdictions, 2 different sets of approvals, 2 different taxation requirements, 2 sets of regulators & 2 different community expectations), gets messy.

The Big Winners are the companies who can mine, process and ship from within the one region. $RNU (Australia) + $TLG (Europe) winners on the ASX IMO

You then have companies that are looking to mine product in Africa (African Government takes 16% Free Carry, Charges 30% Tax & then still charges a royalty fee), they ship product to Australia for Processing (Tax + Royalties), they then ship the final product to Asia. In terms of overall carbon footprint and emissions intensity, this is pretty crazy, but given Africa has poor infrastructure in combination with graphite being energy intensive to process, it means that all mined graphite from Africa has to be shipped to a different continent !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNU (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.