KEN 0.00% 1.3¢ kuth energy limited

The TelegraphWhy geothermal energy may be the answer to Japan's...

1. 1,341 Posts.
    The Telegraph
    Why geothermal energy may be the answer to Japan's nuclear troubles
    By Danielle Demetriou October 28th, 2011

Geothermal power currently accounts for less than 1 per cent of Japan's energy output – despite the fact that it is located above the world’s third largest reserve of geothermal resources (after the United States and Indonesia).

it is perhaps ironic that despite its lacklustre adoption in its own land, Japan is a leader in geothermal technology.

Japan has a 70 per cent market share of geothermal technology fuelled by industry leaders such as Toshiba and Mitsubishi, while Fuji Electric was involved in the creation of the world’s biggest geothermal power plant last year – not in its homeland, but in New Zealand.

Why? One key reason: bathing.

A panel of government ministers are believed to be exploring whether to ease rules surrounding renewable energy plant construction in Japan – including the relaxation of regulations surrounding the drilling of geothermal resources at protected national parks.

This is but a small collection of what I could have posted (if I could get away with it). It goes to show that geothermal energy is going fromstrength to strength, globally!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.