GNX 0.00% 27.5¢ genex power limited

General GNX News, page-1964

1. 1,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 437
    Just watched this. An interesting insight. Thanks for sharing!

I have a few questions though. Don't know if anyone here can answer them.

- The water ingress that caused the re-design of the main access tunnel (MAT) occurred right by the 'Y' intersection. On the diagrams in this presentation and in the Genex announcements, this point in the MAT also happens to be the closest point of the MAT to the bottom of the lower pit and to the tailrace tunnels (the two tunnels that transfer water from the bottom of the lower pit to the powerhouse and vice-versa). So, seeing as we have to drill lower than the point where water ingress occurred to reach the powerhouse location, and closer to the bottom of the lower pit for the positioning of the tailrace tunnels, isn't it very likely that when continuing along the redesigned path for the MAT or when drilling the tailrace tunnels we will again encounter water ingress?
    - If so, how will this affect the construction of the re-designed MAT and the tailrace tunnels?

- Is this water ingress coming from the water in the lower pit, or from the groundwater table?
    - If it's the former, then will the water ingress problem be solved once the lower pit is completely drained?
    - If it's the latter, how will this be dealt with?

If anyone cares to have a go at answering these questions please do so. Obviously, the company and engineers would have asked and answered all these questions however we shareholders are not privy to such information.

I will email the company now and ask too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.