GNX 0.00% 26.5¢ genex power limited

RE the SA new battery being comparable to our...

1. 139 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    RE the SA new battery being comparable to our K2H
    ============
    Really ....
    it has as many hours of storage depth as our PHS...

please share the link Ive only seen the one with large MW capacity but typical small MWH storage.

Don't get me wrong batteries are great we should have more of them positioned around the grid so that their virtual inertia (virtual machine mode, at hornsdale) can inject high-quality real-time stability into the grid. (note the physical positioning of the SA battery mentioned) It will likely do so >better< than the old FF machines did as its characteristics can be tuned to the current grid state and keep it critically damped to perturbations.
    Love me some high-quality configurable battery systems implementing virtual inertia.

BUT,
    don't let that fool you a 100% VRE based grid will also eventually require substantial deep storage used only very occasionally able to acquire energy in Dec then release it in Apr 18 months later.... And that may be snowy 2 but its deeper storage than even Kidston has, AND we need the more intermediate-sized storage like Kidston. (And unlike Snowy 2 and other very very deep storage, we will need (as in have it or blackouts) the Kidston depth of storage much sooner) (And the batetry stuff we are starting to realyl need right now. SA has been running FF for no aprticualr reason except to provide grid stability. )
    And to be clear i mean SA has had to pay FF plants to run while turning off and throwing away power from VRE plants due to lack of storage like the new battery. (amd yes a PHS in Adelaide also would have allowed them to turn off the FF, but as they dont yet need all the capabilities of the PHS and they are leaving everything until its broken or dire before fixing it... they got batteries not PHS in SA)

other combinations either simply don't work (batteries have leakage current and simply don't store energy for the 3-18 months that 100% RE grid will occasionally need (but a 90% VRE grid would never need)))

I have more than just hundreds of hours reading in this area if you'd like more details (1000's words)

our risk factor in K2H is not technical or that something else will be cheaper and appear by magic. The risk is what government do to the market structure if and when they finish digging the hole climate is in deeper.
    My money is in Kidtson based on the theory that while gov solution to the storage problem could shaft early entrants like us(K2H), that would be painting our nation as a sovereign risk. that would be a false economy. it seems more liekly to me they would kid glove us and make sure priv gov partnerships were seen and thing priv equity wanted in on.

Everything is a risk; DYOR.
    Last edited by TomBombadil: 01/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
26.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $367.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.5¢ 27.0¢ 26.5¢ $570.5K 2.137M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
38 29070836 26.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.0¢ 19026030 161
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
26.8¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
26.8¢ 27.0¢ 26.8¢ 2710607
Last updated 15.57pm 07/05/2024 ?
GNX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.