Imagine getting your information from "The Western Journal"....

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    Imagine getting your information from "The Western Journal". This is notorious for being an actual fake news outlet using social media to push a far-right agenda. What sort of opinion do we think the far right will have towards EVs? Can we trust any such source to be objective in its reporting?

It's no wonder you don't seem to value fundamental analysis as highly as your "charts", or at least by the impression you've given, if this is where you're sourcing your information. I have my suspicions that very few of your posts, if any, are in good faith. Benefit of the doubt, I'll assume that it was in this instance...

The Rivian R1T in that article is towing the better part of 3 tons. How many people with vehicles use it to tow a load of this size? How many would be significantly inconvenienced by not being able to tow it over 200km per charge? Do you honestly think that this particular use case suddenly undermines the need to electrify the overwhelming majority of urban passenger cars, for which the case for EVs is largely established?

To say nothing of how battery technology is continuously improving: battery chemistry, crystal morphology, package design, charging circuits, etc. Also, charging stations are about to undergo large scale roll-out, and the technology in them is also improving rapidly to deliver significant reduction in charge times. All of this points to a future heavy in all the important tech materials: copper, lithium, nickel, cobalt, rare earths, etc.

The EV transformation is underway, and it is often compared against over half a century of ICE investment, both in technology and infrastructure. Rather unfairly I might add, but all the same it is the mark by which it will be measured. In spite of all this, EVs are already showing huge signs of strong uptake and success. It just takes a bit of vision, and an understanding of the underlying science and engineering that underpins these solutions, to see where things are heading.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.