General Information, page-1968

1. 3,359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    it’s not nonsense, people will need to use fast chargers. I’ve shared articles where they don’t want you charging before 10pm to reduce loads.

How long does it take to charge on a trickle charger? 14 hours. If you can’t start charging till 10 pm and leave for work at 5 am, you will slowly deplete the vehicle.

As more and more EV’s come online the demand will increase. As I said it’s not an unfixable problem, but the grid won’t be up to it in 10 years.

From my own sparky, solar is what is blowing up TV’s fridges etc. The grid was very stable and electric devices lasted a long time. Now every house has solar panels on it in the street. The sun goes behind a cloud, power drops and the coal power station ramps up. The sun comes and the solar panels in the street all jump to max output. This spikes every electrical appliance and even blows up transformers. It will be fixed but it a real problem. You can even contact energex and get how many times your street delivers to much power. It’s a known problem not talked about.

As I said it will be fixed but it all takes time.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.