EBR 0.00% $1.08 ebr systems inc.

My understanding is that there are no other leaderless...

1. 98 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 19
    My understanding is that there are no other leaderless pacemakers that can be used in the left ventricle because the area they need to be placed in is not accessible internally to the heart for them. Any existing pacemaker device would need to be placed on the outside of the heart to be in the correct position and this is not feasible without open heart surgery. The EBR device is much smaller and can be placed within the heart tissue area needed to pace the left ventricle by pushing it through from one of the right chambers of the heart with a catheter. Also, leads and large pacemaker devices placed in the left ventricle can result in the creation of blood clotting and emboli ( bits of the clot in the bloodstream). On the right side, these emboli go to the lung and are "filtered out" with little harm however on the left side of the heart any emboli could go to the brain and result in a stroke.

I understand these patients do not have a pacemaker option at this stage and thus have a poor prognosis with only treatment via medications with limited benefit.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EBR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.08
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $332.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.10 $1.12 $1.08 $127.1K 115.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3929 $1.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.11 12000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EBR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.