NMT 4.00% 12.0¢ neometals ltd

General Neometals related news, page-1466

1. 1,277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 556
    Not sure you fully understand the point I’m making it’s simply the rate of change I question and the ability for the grid to scale up green power supply in time, hydro in Scotland isn’t near enough and why wind turbines can be seen from virtually every vista in the country and many more are planned, but when the wind don’t blow massive battery or hydrogen storage needs to back it up and all the infrastructure isn’t in yet.
    After 2024 all new houses cannot have gas heating and alternatives being mooted are air or ground source heat pumps ( most likely air ) The national grid cannot supply the power required and on top of that we are moving to EV so it needs time for transition. I’m saying this hasn’t been thought through.
    Even now fast charge points are being fitted to houses, these creat a power spike demand to charge cars in say 30 mins as normal house plug only gives about 100ml range charge in 8 hrs.
    These fast charge points need to be linked to a battery that can trickle charge over 24 hrs and fast dump it charge into car to help take the power spike out the grid, we can’t have everyone come home from work and fast charge there cars, that only works for now as we have so few EV’s.
    We can debate this issue for weeks and needs smarter men than us to run the numbers and effect a solution, my thoughts are it’s not been thought through and timescales won’t work, but I’m all for getting there and do consider EV or green energy needs to come and fast, but 2030 probably too fast and won’t be met IMO, Loop.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NMT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.