NMT 4.00% 12.0¢ neometals ltd

There is a quite extensive body of academic research and...

1. 53 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    There is a quite extensive body of academic research and published papers on the subject of the relative lifecycle carbon footprints of ICE and EVs. Some of it is highly technical and nearly all of it points to LIB recycling as a means to really get on top of EV carbon footprints even after they reach a breakeven with ICEs at around 150,000km. Estimates vary from -8% to -30%. There are caveats around recycling methods ie. pyrometallurgy v. hydrometallurgy v. disassembly v. repurposing (for stationary storage etc) but there is almost no doubt that LIB recycling in one form or another is neccessary to reduce EV carbon footprints over the lifecycle of the EV.

The paper linked to below (hopefully the link will work) outlines some of the issues in a pretty accessible way and I think provides a useful overview of the technical challenges that the Primobius pilot is facing. Challenges which those of us holding NMT/HNR and perhaps down the track CM are hoping will be overcome. Quite a few papers point to the problems with waste products produced in the recycling process, which vary from one process to another, but I think NMT has been pretty upfront about those and seems to have largely solved them with some fairly clever R&D. A search of google scholar using terms like “EV carbon footprint LIB recycling” will produce some interesting results if anyone interested in researching further.

Cheers, KOTJ

https://www.mdpi.com/2071-1050/12/14/5837/htm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $82.78M
Open High Low Value Volume
12.5¢ 12.5¢ 11.5¢ $219.3K 1.823M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 125733 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 159714 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 01/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.