NMT 2.27% 8.6¢ neometals ltd

No worries at all Crab. I might not have been clear but I was...

1. 2,153 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 561
    No worries at all Crab. I might not have been clear but I was linking that article as a positive for recycling and NMT not like the last few negative's ive put up.

That car had barely traveled what some people travel in a year and already needed its battery replaced. That's absolutely Rubbish! Granted that was over a 12 year period but that is still woeful.

Imagine your mechanic needed to replace or rebuild your engine every 20000 km. Crazy, as that's the sort of money involved in a battery refresh. Where EV batteries are positioned to keep a low center of gravity usually requires completely stripping interiors etc to access properly. Its not currently something you could get done just anywhere either. Maybe in 20 years but not for the foreseeable future.

I'd love to see some independent testing on the behavior of batteries when driven only in a sporadic manner like this car was. It really seems like it has added to the degradation of the cells significantly. Maybe a trickle charge might help maintain the health of the battery in layup. The same as an ICE car it seems like constant driving is far better than long periods of no use. At least on the battery packs. I'm guessing tthe EV motors wouldn't suffer the same Issues with ICE in regards to drying out seals and no oil circulation on start up causing increased wear etc. after long periods without use but if the battery does well that's not really any better.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.6¢
Change
-0.002(2.27%)
Mkt cap ! $53.56M
Open High Low Value Volume
8.9¢ 8.9¢ 8.5¢ $108.2K 1.250M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 204764 8.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.7¢ 99144 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.