NMT 2.04% 9.6¢ neometals ltd

The problem is the cost curve for hard rock lithium means a...

1. 2,408 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1606
    You should just eat humble pie and apologise.
    The problem I see is Mercedes would be fools to go all in on a small Australian company for their recycling strategy, and a possible reason there are 4 sets of timelines (admittedly without reading the articles yet) are because there are potentially 4 different programs of work with up to 4 different partners.

NMT are in a precarious financial position, where the only moat they have is a technical one, but even then there are other companies, with almost infinitely more resources (think Chinese companies with Chinese government support) who are also making strides and have more progress than NMT. And then you've got Tesla and other well funded US and EU based companies.

Different battery compositions/ technologies will likely require different knowledge and processes, and may even have different programs and sponsors within the Mercedes group.

The financial position of NMT, and the importance of finding the correct recycling strategy is the exact reason why diversification in partners and processes is essential for one of the most respected car brands in the world.
    Thank you, I mean, it was clearly stated in the cash flow report, I was unsure as to why I was being asked if I knew...
    The problem is the cost curve for hard rock lithium means a number of PRODUCERS with proven resources are struggling at current prices - let alone a small greenfield exploration project - are struggling for viability.

NMT had an early mover advantage with Mt Marion, now they'd be playing catch up in a tough capital market (so tough in fact that Chris couldn't close the Vanadium Recovery deal DESPITE having underwriting from the government and an off take from Glencoe), and unless they're somehow unknowingly sitting on another Greenbushes or Manono, then it's unlikely to be a compelling investment.

The ELI processing is where I thought the company had a good opportunity, but once again, Chris not wanting to dilute the parent company at highs, in favour of trying to find a funding partner means a 24 month delay at the partner equates to a 30+ month delay for NMT.

He really has messed up.
    Last edited by thecrabpest: 30/01/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.6¢
Change
-0.002(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $59.79M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.8¢ 10.0¢ 9.3¢ $144.7K 1.514M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17905 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.6¢ 217806 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.