NMT 4.35% 11.0¢ neometals ltd

A brighter day in the stock market today. As a long-standing...

1. 13 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    A brighter day in the stock market today. As a long-standing shareholder (maybe 2017?), I've recently been riding the waves of uncertainty, not due to skepticism about the industry, growth trajectories, or Neometals' technical prowess, but rather concerns about the financial health, leading indicators, and the clarity of communication.

I get the reasons behind the delays; it feels like NMT is playing a high-stakes game at Mercedes Benz's table. An interesting tidbit: Chris was one of the early adopters of Tesla. While he might be a Tesla enthusiast, it's ironic that Tesla is both the catalyst for the global shift making recycling a lucrative venture and potentially a hurdle for MB's sales volume, impacting Primobius' prospects. Drawing a parallel, Tesla's rapid evolution in the EV market has set new standards.

Two years ago, we were in a prime spot. Zero interest rates meant minimal investment costs and the luxury of time for experimental projects. The company's coffers were brimming. Fast forward to now, questions loom: What's our financial standing? How long can we sustain? Who will back us, and at what risk premium?

A significant shift in these two years is China's mastery over LFP technology, now a staple in most cars sold worldwide. This will alter our revenue-per-tonne recycling model. Can anyone here shed light on this with some figures?

Communication is key. The market's awareness of these challenges is evident in our dipping share price. Why not be more transparent about NMT's evolving landscape? Address the cash flow, talk about a potential credit raise, reassure investors when the stock is plummeting. Rumor has it Jeremy's phone has been ringing off the hook over the past few days. We're anxious for updates.

NMT and CR are commendable. CR often reminisces about Mt Marion, and rightfully so. But from a business standpoint, retaining some of those assets would have been wiser. Imagine our valuation now if those assets hadn't been offloaded for a mere fraction of their current worth (it's billions). This brings me to a pressing concern: Are we too early adopters of a nascent technology, aligning with partners like MB who seem slow, all while our financials make us susceptible? We can't afford more hiccups. Perhaps a demerger of NMT would offer a clearer financial picture. In the meanwhile, a gesture like directors purchasing shares at these low prices could also instill a bit more market confidence.

On a brighter note, the EU might soon clamp down on subsidized Chinese EV imports, leveling the playing field for us and the European auto sector, which is currently lagging. MB might be faring better than its European peers, but they're not industry frontrunners by any stretch.

What other strategies can we employ? I remain invested, hoping for no more unpleasant surprises. Maybe we can brainstorm actionable recommendations for the forthcoming AGM?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NMT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
-0.005(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $71.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 12.5¢ 11.0¢ $27.29K 236.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 310998 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 361408 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
11.0¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 5.42 %)
Open High Low Volume
11.5¢ 12.0¢ 11.0¢ 51045
Last updated 15.59pm 04/06/2024 ?
NMT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.