NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

general public pay-per-image revenue

1. 150 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 46
    Hi all

Friends of mine have demolished and are building a new house. For posterity, or to show the grandkids in the future if nothing else, they would be interested in an aerial photographic record of their site as the house build progresses. Nearmap can provide this and of course was previously making it available for free. My friends are aware of Nearmap and would be prepared to pay upwards of $10 per image x 10 - 12 images over time which is not much in the scheme of things compared to the cost of building a house.

150,000 new homes are built in Australia each year and who knows how many major renovations. It is easy to see $15M annual revenue just in this niche segment of the market.

How hard would it be to set up a pay-per-image for the general public? Not hard.

How much would it cost Nearmap - almost nothing?

All such revenue would go straight to the bottom line.

That is just one example of what the general public might be prepared to pay for from Nearmap. I expect (hope) this is what the company is alluding to when they say they are looking at a new subscription structure that will broaden the user base.

Cheers

Jess

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.