RFX 0.00% 9.7¢ redflow limited

I agree price (total cost of ownership relative to alternatives)...

1. 3,111 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 87
    I agree price (total cost of ownership relative to alternatives) is always a key selling point. Do you or anyone have accurate information on the percentage cost of a ZBM versus the best alternative? My best assumption is that it is 10% to 30% but I can't point to any current real figures on this.

A lot has been said about the high and increasing cost, and lack of supply and reserves of already expensive materials for other batteries, particularly Li. Li battery makers are already producing at scale and have optimised production and so the price of their product will increase with increased materials costs. RFX should not have this problem.

If RFX has sized their factory properly, RFX will achieve lowest total average cost by producing at factory capacity, so the most important thing for them now is to get sales and fill the production line and find out themselves if they can make it. This is perhaps the most critical time in RFX's short history. If they don't get sales in this period, regardless of all other factors, I think at best they will only limp along. Apart from losing a few shekels we will all have to pay homage to SimonGr's knowledge and wisdom - even Treed. Whether they get the sales depends in some part on the percentage cost of a ZBM over alternatives and whether a customer will pay this. No one seems to know the typical % cost difference between a ZBM and the best alternative as things stand apart from RFX perhaps. Apart from Li, the technologies are still emerging and I am sure there are some companies selling below cost to secure contracts in the hope of proving their product (something I think RFX has already done).

The full discharge without degradation as opposed to slow decline, and the failure of many other batteries more rapidly than ZBMs (sometimes far more so, depending on usage) is a good feature and another RFX selling point. Longer life also reduces total cost of ownership. The repairability and high recyclability at end of life is good as well and may even give RFX a regulatory leg up and/or other cost advantage in future.

I realise that RFX like many other investments in new battery technologies is speculative.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.7¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.7¢ 10.5¢ 9.7¢ $87.56K 887.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 49999 9.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 20000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.