RFX 0.00% 9.7¢ redflow limited

General Renewable Discussion, page-1572

1. 3,883 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1315
    Comments below are in relation to your question/observation re cost of materials and optimisation.

"A lot has been said about the high and increasing cost, and lack of supply and reserves of already expensive materials for other batteries, particularly Li. Li battery makers are already producing at scale and have optimised production and so the price of their product will increase with increased materials costs. RFX should not have this problem."

Some data from this years AGM preso, best estimates I suppose.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4746/4746397-9f52088d3dcc18257e6e267515b12047.jpg
    From page 5 of https://hotcopper.com.au/documentdownload?id=uOMxKKzFkiWRTLKhOROKAxjvSDYL4Ae5yRf%2Fv%2BV%2F57FiGug%3D
    Other sensational style headlines from The Wall Street Journal, The Australian etc follow on page 6

More lithium production is coming online, quite a bit, but demand is also increasing, still a humungous number of IC cars to replace with EVs of different sorts so I've no idea how that will play out regarding future materials cost, oh and an increase in demand from stationary batteries too. Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles have not made major inroads, yet.

Regarding optimisation, yes, with optimised Li ion battery production and increasing materials costs, expect further increases, but that does not allow for tech advances of unknown type in production.

Redflow has installed part of the first iteration of mass production capability, with additional funds available spent to achieve about 80 mWh / annum production from Thailand by the end of next year. If demand increases to warrant that expenditure the cost per unit will come down if materials don't sky rocket in cost like the 1124% increase of Lithium.

But the point to remember outside of the urban domestic market cost is not the only determinant, nil or close to nil ability to generate, or act as an accellerant in fire conditions are also important. Federal incentives are also important in the USA regarding energy storage.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.