CTP 0.00% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

jumpstart I entirely agree with your comments. The reason I...

1. 609 Posts.
    jumpstart I entirely agree with your comments.

The reason I chose to post on coal recently is because I have discussed Oil, Gas, Helium, CSG/UCG/CTL and Legal/partnering aspects all here before over the past few years.

I have always supported the fact that the key for the company in this early stage is to generate revenue from oil - not gas, not helium, not coal. If not we will continue to burn through cash, continue to dilute and never get close to financial security. Coal is a long term higher risk strategy, as is gas and helium.

However the drilling of these resource is necessary for a range of reasons. Firstly - to attract partners early. In addition to this more seismic is required on some of the oil structures prior to drilling so in the interim the company is pushing ahead with other strategies to try generate value for shareholders. Subsequent to this the company must also continue drilling out there to meet minimum expenditure commitments to maintain the permits in good standing - if not we would have to forfeit up to 25% of the licence at permit expiration time.

All these issues needs to be balanced out: capital, seismic acquisition to lead to assessment and drilling, maintaining good standing of the permits by meeting minimum expenditure commitments, attracting partners, providing shareholder value etc etc. If the company was not drilling people would be complaining that nothing is happening and it would also be losing it's permits and exposure to potential partners. Tough game and there is alot involved at corporate level, it's more than simply getting the stick in the ground. Alot of people fail to realise this as they are stuck in their own thoughts about what they want to see happen - mainly an oil find and the SP go up.

Stodd: Clearly you are failing to understand that information I post is conceptual in nature for discussion purposes only as the company is at an early stage of development. Honestly - who is going to have concept mine plan at this preliminary stage, not even the company would be thinking this far down the track. It all sounds intelligent to ask for but is clearly illogical given the nature of operations. Front end thinking is required before any of this happens.

The problem (and sometimes benefit) with these forums is that there are several hundred people and each have their own perception of what is being presented. Conceptual to some means detailed to others, and thoughts presented about future opportunity is seen as someone screaming blue sky.

Take this well known test. Everyone here will see one thing or the other.

Share This Pic

I post here to engage thought, not scream blue sky, not ramp, not downramp. I have outlined risks associated with the strategies and most others are common sense in exploration investing.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $39.22M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.4¢ 5.3¢ $52.12K 978.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 454057 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.4¢ 46397 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.