PCL 5.56% 1.7¢ pancontinental energy nl

General Thoughts, page-2546

1. V10
    138 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 527
    From my experience in the industry, Woodside as a major would not be participating in such Machiavellian tactics as 'manipulating ' the share price of PCL.

Why risk the reputation of a major company that Woodside is, with such activity, which they would never do, when nothing has even been discovered yet!

The time to take a decision by Woodside on exercising their drill option or not, is totally dependent on the final interpretation of the 3D seismic, AVO analysis, best prospect to drill, Chance of Success (COS), etc and the process that decision making takes in a major oil company.

I am with other posters that all activity in PCL shares is a function of the junior oil market sentiment, and activities of the market makers and traders in PCL shares. The other factor which can influence a junior oil companies share price temporarily, is when might that junior oil company be going to top up the till with a modest capital raising and the price of the raising, if they even decide to have one.

As for the timing of a Woodside announcement, I am with Jillybagger that the Africa Energies conference in London, 14-16 May 2024 would be a good time, especially as Woodside is the lead sponsor!

Do you really think a lead sponsor for this conference would go on record saying how great the oil and gas future is for offshore Africa and then announce it is so great that they are not exercising their drill option to drill Saturn? Methinks not.

I digress, but reminds me of the many times when seeking permission to drill on a farmers property that the farmer over lamingtons and cup of tea, would tell me in a hushed conspiratorial manner "major XYZ company drilled here before, found a monster discovery, but capped the well as didn't want to flood the market with oil or gas!"
    And I would think to myself on hearing this ground shattering news, that even more cunning, the major XYZ company dropped the permit to keep this monster oil or gas discovery from being found out!

All will be revealed as to Woodsides course of action in the course of time. Remember a watched pot never boils.

Risk in everything of course.

Last edited by V10: 14/02/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
-0.001(5.56%)
Mkt cap ! $138.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.8¢ 1.8¢ 1.7¢ $125.2K 7.321M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
27 19029395 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 2086177 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.