PCL 6.25% 1.7¢ pancontinental energy nl

Very good, I do like that. A quick update on Mopane also and it...

1. 3,928 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1262
    Very good, I do like that. A quick update on Mopane also and it quotes the GeoExpro commentary that I posted here last week - makes for good reading.

Galp spuds appraisal well on potential giant discovery in Namibia

Galp Energia has spudded a critical appraisal well on its big Mopane oil discovery offshore Namibia. The Mopane-1X discovery well in Block 2813A was drilled successfully by the semi-submersible rig Hercules, with the probe hitting two distinct Cretaceous pay zones. Last week, Galp chief executive Filipe Silva said the probe found “very encouraging pressures, very encouraging porosity and very encouraging permeability”. “We have something that looks sizable,” he said, stressing that the scale of Mopane should be known by the end of next month after the Mopane-2X delineation well has been completed and a drill stem test on Mopane-1X has also been wrapped up. Custos Energy, one of Galp's partners in the block, has talked about a pre-drill oil-in-place estimate of 10 billion barrels, but the Portuguese operator has not published a resource estimate itself."

"Peter Elliott, director of NVentures, a commercial intelligence provider in the exploration business, said Galp’s licence appears to hold a Late Cretaceous (Cenomanian–Turonian) play found by Shell in its Graff discovery to the south, and the Lower Cretaceous (Albo-Aptian) play hit by TotalEnergies at Venus. “A major detachment at Cenomanian level appears to underlie high-energy clastics, forming combination stratigraphic/structural traps in the Cenomanian-Turonian,” he wrote in a short article for GeoExpro.“ Further large build-ups at the base Cretaceous show strong similarities to the basin floor fan play in the Albian, with Aptian source,” added Elliott. Galp’s announcement on Mopane-1X is suggests that both plays may be active, he added.

Elliott also pointed out that what could be even more significant is Galp’s reference to the presence of light oil and a high-quality reservoir in the deeper leg of the well. “If reservoir quality is good here — there are documented references to permeability and chlorite issues at Venus and Jonker — this new discovery at Mopane could be pointing to a more prolific sweet spot in the basin, which draws the explorer’s eyes to the entire northern third of the Orange basin depocentre,” he added. Elliott said Mopane-1X was drilled in 1903 metres of water to a target depth of approximately 5000 metres."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.7¢
Change
0.001(6.25%)
Mkt cap ! $130.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.7¢ 1.6¢ $31.17K 1.947M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 978434 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 5257259 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.57pm 27/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.