PCL 3.13% 1.6¢ pancontinental energy nl

Poly, for SA and Zimbabwe I am not sure. For Namibia I am much...

1. 1,610 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    Poly, for SA and Zimbabwe I am not sure. For Namibia I am much more optimistic. Namibia is the country with the best ranking in Africa of not or being less corrupt.

Another argument: In relation to E&P of oil and gas, Nigeria is the worst country concerning political risks and corruption. But even there the big major oil companies manage it to maintain smooth operations in their deep water offshore blocks. (Less sophisticated operations in Nigeria onshore and near shore are something completely different). Another point: Nigeria has a big population. In Namibia you have a very small population. It is easy there to identify the trouble makers respectively it is easier to share a piece of the oil and gas cake with every citizen directly in Namibia (just think for example about the indigenous Abu Dhabi Emiratis who became rich with oil and gas)

I hope this helps to be more relaxed, because the political risks and corruption is mitigated with untouchable wellheads, 100, 300 km away from the coast in very rough sea and in 1.000 , 3.000 m water depth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.