PCL 5.88% 1.6¢ pancontinental energy nl

Good links to Moosehead-1 drilling target and...

1. V10
    144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 541
    Good links to Moosehead-1 drilling target and results.

https://nextinvestors.com/articles/pancontinental-receives-promising-data-pel-87/

https://www.oedigital.com/news/457674-hrt-drills-moosehead-duster

And I am in agreement with Stocksluice previous posts that Moosehead-1 was drilling a very large basement high with carbonate build up on it. Plenty of hydrocarbon shows proving adjacent source rock but tight carbonate reservoir.

More recently Cullinan-1 was drilled by Shell again targetting a very large basement high with a carbonate build up on it.
    Same result as Moosehead-1- carbonate reservoir had oil shows but was tight so plugged and abandoned as a dry hole.

I am now speculating, but Galp after Shells Cullinan-1 abandoned their plans to drill another basement- carbonate high feature- Cheetah-1, as would get same result as Cullinan-1 and Moosehead-1, so chose the higher risk stratigraphically trapped Cretaceous channel sands with seismic AVO anomalies funelled around the northern edge of the Cullinan high hoping for a Venus/Lesedi look-a-like. This was Mopane-1 target and as we know they encountered significant oil resource in the Cretaceous channel/turbidite sands. And the rest is history with Mopane-2 and testing of Mopane-1.

A previous diagrammatic play map provided by Oldgeo shows the carbonate banks and turbidite sand plays.

We can speculate that there may be cretaceous deep turbidite sands as seen at Venus, funnelled around the north and west of the moosehead structural high.

Last edited by V10: Today, 02:33

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PCL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.6¢
Change
-0.001(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $130.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.6¢ 1.7¢ 1.6¢ $52.64K 3.268M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 5854722 1.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.7¢ 3367229 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PCL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.