BLG 4.00% 2.4¢ bluglass limited

Hello guys, I’m back from my travels.Looks like not much has...

1. 220 Posts.
    Hello guys, I’m back from my travels.

Looks like not much has happened here since I left.

I do note however that we are now starting to get some awareness in Europe, as witnessed by jerman’s comments. This can auger well for our share price but also put BLG on the radar out there, with the obvious risks while we are still at this early stage of the commercialization path.

Well done neb, in providing jerman with the feedback.
    Re’ your enquiry to BLG, crickets eh? Maybe you shouldn’t have shouted?
    Then again listening to crickets can be riveting!
    (get it?)

I was particularly interested in the following comments by jerman

“There is absolutely no trade in Germany with BLG, this stock is completely unknown”
    Is this low awareness level overseas, an intentional ploy by BLG?

“Everybody knows that the secret to make profits is to get in early like I did in BAU.
    For BLG I think this would be mostly for those investors, who have enough patience and are long term investors”
    Guys, is that us?

“I have also mentioned that possible investors from Germany would mostly focus on the BLG project and research for Solar Efficiency because there is a strong interest in Solar Energy and new technologies.”
    How quickly did he pick up on the solar potential rather than the tooling business?

It’s nice to be back but to be honest, I really haven’t had time to get fully up to speed on the current state of the nation, so I don’t have much to contribute yet.
    I can tell you one thing however, which is, that the LED industry is again building up a good head of steam.

As mentioned earlier in BLG’s annual report, the LED industry is currently emerging from a period of slow growth. There has recently been a strong revival in the demand for LED’s, and consequently upstream chips have been in very short supply.
    In response, chipmakers have embarked on programs of capacity expansion.
    What has this meant for tool suppliers, such as Aixtron and Veeco?

Aixtron is a $2 billion dollar+ market cap’ provider of deposition equipment to the semiconductor industry, and their business plan looks like a carbon copy of Bluglass’s intended future position.
    Aixtron supplies to customers both full production-scale chemical vapor deposition systems and small scale systems for research and development as well as small-scale production use.
    Veeco Instruments is a bit more diverse in its operations but still basically in the same field.

Both companies have experienced an increase in sales and orders due to the recovery in the semiconductor industry, and this has been reflected in their share prices this year.
    Ie,
    Aixtron – US$4.00 in March to US$24.00 in September
    Veeco – US$4.00 in March to US$22.00 in September

That’s a %600 and %550 increase respectively in 6 months

Maybe I should have bought Aixtron instead of BLG?
    Maybe not?

How long will this growth in tool demand continue is anybody’s guess, but the LED industry is predicted to have massive CAGR for many years to come.

How will BLG get on board?

We need to get our RPCVD tool on line, and smartly, and I believe we will soon enough, with BLK’s help.
    BLK has to start pumping out product to prove the tool and gain the confidence of potential customers, so that we can partake in what looks like being THE growth industry of the future.

As soon as we start selling some production tools and licenses, that %600 gain above might start to look very ordinary to current BLG holders.

And don’t forget, there’s still the emerging solar cell side of our business to think about.
    That market has the potential dwarf anything that is available to BLG in the LED field.

BTW, sorry about the general nature of this post, I will hopefully have something more meaty to talk about next time.

Oh for some news!

Cheers all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLG (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.