S32 2.41% $2.98 south32 limited

I am suspecting a similar result. I look at commodity prices and...

1. 394 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 602
    I am suspecting a similar result. I look at commodity prices and wonder where the uplift will come from? Metallurgical coal? Alumina? Copper? Base metal prices are horrible. There is no shining star / get-out-of-jail-free commodity (i.e. uranium) in our portfolio which has outperformed for the past six months.

My hope is that: a) costs are under control, and better than expected; b) there is positive news on the Hermosa development; c) the dividend is LOW; d) borrowings aren't up a great deal (unless it's money used to do site works at Hermosa and towards the overall cost of the project); e) the share buyback programme continues.

As you say, it's possible the current share price incorporates a lot of negativity and low expectations. At around $3.00 we are at what will soon be approaching a three year low (mid-2021). I am happy to continue looking through current weakness and short-to-medium term difficulties. I'd rather be buying now when expectations are low, than buying on expectations of perfection.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
0.070(2.41%)
Mkt cap ! $13.49B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.95 $2.99 $2.94 $51.26M 17.17M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 89197 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.98 76149 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.