cheers alonso....I sailed straight through the 70's stagflation...

1. 43,160 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    cheers alonso....I sailed straight through the 70's stagflation recession, despite one job loss, because of my career choices. I was equally unaffected by the 80/90s recessions. I also managed to pay off my mortgage in 10 years despite the interest rate. all because of my career choices.

but many many others were severely impacted. the 70s was the start of the long-term unemployed problems. the economy was severely impacted too. even more so in the 90s global recession. and the high interest rates?

I don't accept that young adults are struggling as hard as many did back then. but distance from the lived experience always results in gentler feelings.

the problems today revolve around rental rates and housing prices. these are artefacts of the previous LibNat govt actions. the Labs are currently still working to repair the damage caused by Abbott and Morrison.

so please remember the LNP legacy of deeper deficits and appalling and unnecessary fed govt debt and exploded housing prices and unmanaged rental price increases, which could have been avoided by LNP govt building social housing and ensuring adequate lower cost housing.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.