AVE 0.00% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

generic verdict: crushable and awesome!

1. 5,857 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17299
    Generic Opana (extended release oxymorphone) hit pharmacy shelves in the United States last week. The generics manufacturer, Impax, originally settled patent litigation with Opana manufacturer, Endo Pharmaceuticals, in 2010. Under the settlement terms, Endo agreed to grant Impax a licence to sell 5, 10, 20, 30 and 40 mg extended release tablets from January 1 this year. Endo has since attempted legal action to halt release of the generic but had its bid rejected in the US courts last month.

The FDA is currently considering petitions from both Endo and Purdue, the manufacturer of OxyContin, to ban non-abuse deterrent versions of their extended release opioid drugs. The FDA has stated that it will make its decision by May this year.

In the meantime, the release of Impax’s non-abuse deterrent oxymorphone product might be seen as a test case. And the signs are already not good if internet drug user forums are any guide. Below are some of the (ecstatic) reactions so far.

The new generic opanas have been released and I had some in my hands and they are awesome. They're round. And they have a small coating kinda like the old OCs. They don't gel up. They don't have any rubber in them. THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL F...... DAY! WELCOME BACK OPANA!!!

• We're they as good as the original panda bears? We're they easy to crush?

• Now these new bad boys are awesome. They remind me of the original OCs. You can suck the coating off and there is no gel like substance or tamper proof layer or any type of rubber in the pill. The 40mgs just have a orange coating like the old OCs had a green one and you can leave it on or just use a hose clamp or just crush away with the coating on because even the stop sign opanas had a little bit of gel or rubber like layer in them but these new generics seem like they don't have a single hint of any of that garbage in them which is f...... AWESOME. And yes I did one and it was just as strong as an old octagon yellow 40. Might have actually been a bit stronger. But the NEW GENERIC OPANAS ARE OUT AND THEY ARE CRUSHABLE AND F..... GREAT! F...THE D.E.A.
    (Drug Enforcement Agency)

Which issue will the FDA choose to prioritise – the urgent need to drive down healthcare costs or the urgent need to drive down the United States’ appalling rate of prescription opioid abuse? Interesting times indeed...

(Phosphagenics is developing abuse-deterrent transdermal patch dosage forms of both extended release oxycodone and oxymorphone.)

http://www.benzinga.com/news/13/01/3215041/impax-commences-shipment-of-oxymorphone-hydrochloride-extended-release-tablets#ixzz2Hvqd8tC3

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323777204578191170455796716.html

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin/TBL69RNMJQASGERUM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $9.508M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $3.607K 1.445M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
59 102396408 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 21041400 12
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.