I have been mindful not to include the Jewish religion in my...

1. 608 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 118
    I have been mindful not to include the Jewish religion in my criticism of Israel in this sickening genocide but like our media and government, their silence is tantamount to complicity. I would call on the good people within the Jewish community that are appalled by the actions of Israel to have the courage to speak up loud and clear against genocidal Israel and its accomplices. And where is the Australian government and media? How do you live with yourselves and sleep at night, in the knowledge that your silence is enabling the murder of thousands of innocent Palestinians men, women and children. This is not the Australia I grew up in but it seems this is Australia we have become.
    -------------------------------------------
    I treat all religions with outmost contempt, and I'm not saying this lightly. With this statement I've probably just made myself more enemies here...
    It never ceases to amaze me how educated and smart people, fall for it....I can understand that in 3rd world countries people who can't read try to somehow make sense of their surroudings and religion provides some explanations for them. Some politicians use religion only as s a tool to play the masses in order to achieve whatever goals they have but I mean the ones who do really believe. After all, all these 'holy books' are nothing but folklore stories written by simple folk thousands of years ago when humans had totally different view of everything around them....Not to mention the fact that these 'holly books' have been many times re-written, are incomplete, misinterpreted, amended, translated, changed, etc.

In my opinion, our mainstream media and government are part of the US-lead Western pro-Israel camp. Australian pro-Israel groups keep a low key, are mostly invisible and do their job effectively behind the scenes, to make sure our politicians are 'in line' with pro-Israel stance. We heard from one of them - ZFA - on 30 October, when ZFA got six former Prime Ministers to sign a letter condemning Hamas. The only one who didn't sign was Paul Keating (the man who gave us superannuation). For more details about this letter go here:

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/storm-erupts-over-israel-letter-signed-by-6-pms/news-story/a33056a8a6f13bf9328f08827701f65e

https://www.zfa.com.au/zfa-welcomes-former-prime-ministers-stand-against-hamas-call-for-release-of-hostages/

I don't know much about our 'good people within the Jewish community appaled by the actions of Israel', I'm not so sure if there are that many Austrlian Jews who don't support Israel, I haven't seen any of them publically condemning Israel, but then again, I hardly ever watch TV these days so maybe I've missed it.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.