An interesting and intriguing topic Tig.With hindsight and...

1. 2,735 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 91
    An interesting and intriguing topic Tig.
    With hindsight and experience of consuming decades of lies, propaganda, and bullshit from ALL parties, and biased outside observers, none worse than the Western press, it is impossible to for the 'layperson' to know where the truth lies.
    I am now much more open-minded on this and many issues like these.
    However, I do strongly remember the toxic political and social environment of the '50s particularly and how impossible it would have been for my
    parents.
    They both were deeply affected by life-long and different personal earlier experiences and were defenseless against the social and propaganda
    forces in this country and outside of it.

The best guide for me now is the old saying "History is written by the Victors", and I am very skeptical about anything of a political nature written by 'Our Own' and others.
    We have never been free of propaganda or History and Culture wars, or the News Corp Melbourne Herald/Sun, and fellow travellers here.
    For example, I have NEVER swallowed the Readers Digest, Hollywood, and Disney Bullshit, always the Outsider, Me.

Still the outsider, even more so at 80 this April 24, but still allow I have been conned and believe some of the rubbish iI have consumed.

We are wallowing in it at present.

But still OK.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.