I joined the AusIM&M as a raw Geology graduate and thereby...

1. 1,009 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 21
    I joined the AusIM&M as a raw Geology graduate and thereby became a "competent person". In the early stages of my career I had some minor input to the development of the JORC standards, but spent a lot of it arguing with other geos about how their JORC figures should be calculated, and arguing with management that the software package that delivered the highest JORC resource from the same data wasn't necessarily the best (I lost out). In the meantime Geostatistics came and went as a transient fad because no-one understood kriging. I resigned from the AusIM&M before I left the industry (after 40 years) and thereby instantly became an "incompetent person". confused.png

Just remember that your precious JORC Resource is generated by a computer. The operator may not know much about what it is doing with the data being punched in, and the computer certainly knows nothing of the data which may not get punched in. You just have to hope that the person who signs off on it knows something about both.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.