GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Perhaps my interpretation of "Pure physical if I think the doo...

1. 1,418 Posts.
    Perhaps my interpretation of "Pure physical if I think the doo is heading for the ventilator." was a little enthusiastic. But that is where I got my interpretation from. I s'pose we all would need further enlightment from pinto as to what he/she meant. BugGold what do you think that pinto meant by the comments then: "doo is heading for the ventilator"?

My message is still the same though. Physical has lots of draw backs that don't get considered here.

Yes, there are differences in paper gold. That is one point that I have been trying to bring up over and over; each time that the same old SPDR and GLD bashing gets regurgitated. Of course, they ain't listed on the ASX. But it's never stopped anyone on this forum lumping them in with Aussie 'paper gold'. Indeed Perth Mint was getting absolutely trashed on this forum at one stage by the Parrot and his hench men. That's fine, if it is logical and reasonable. But those are two adjectives that I would not attach to the general comments about 'paper gold' on this forum. Hence my delight at CIC and Soros buying into SPDR. I mean if they can trust these puppies, you can trust your life with the stuff that we can buy in Aust.

Oh, BugGold: "buy the physical at paper prices".

Are you serious? Where can you buy physical at paper prices? Even if you could: try selling it at paper prices.

Buying and selling physical gold is for dealers. For everyone else it is just a hobby. I reckon that the last year (maybe less) it would have been very difficult to buy physical and sell it at a profit as the aussie price of gold has been fairly stable and the spread between buying and selling physical is massive.

But everyone needs a hobby - even if it is expensive. I s'pose Soros is just investing and isn't interested in gold as a hobby.

- pug

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.