GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hey pinto,Thanks for the reply.But . . . Sorry, you seem to be...

1. 1,418 Posts.
    Hey pinto,

Thanks for the reply.

But . . .

Sorry, you seem to be doing the typical gold forum thing. You want to scrutinise 'paper gold' to the nth degree and yet do you apply the same scrutiny to your equities and physical?

How thoroughly do you know the gold mining co's that you have invested in? Be honest. Can you know these better than the Perth Mint or even the GOLD ETF? I doubt it.

As for the seemingly simple physical. Did you buy it with an assay certificate or have you had it assayed since? There are lots of fakes out there.

Apply all the suspiscions to equities (which are just another form of paper gold) and see how ETFs and certs fare. One comes down purely to a matter of trust. The other (equities) comes down not only to trust, but a hundred other variables. But for some reason 'paper gold' is deemed by most on this forum to be unworthy of investment. This despite Soros, CIC and Schiff.

Let's be real: how many gold mining sites that you have invested in have you actually visited, and even then: what sort of audit did you perform to match managements claims to the 'reality'? How many managers have you talked to, and then got evidence that what they were saying could be verified? I realise that you said: 'can visit', but hey, come on, be serious.

- pug

ps: I hope that your physical gold is 99.99 pure and correct weight. And I hope that your equities don't end up like Sons of Gwalia.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.