GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Hey pinto,Well cheers for the lengthy reply. For BugGold: it...

1. 1,418 Posts.
    Hey pinto,

Well cheers for the lengthy reply.

For BugGold: it looks like pinto was talking about TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it) for needing physical gold.

As for small bars scams being non-existent. Well, they definately do exist. Indeed, small bars - generally having no numbers - are the easiest of all to scam. Even coins are faked.

Pinto, I have a few probs with your logic.

On the one hand you seem very pedantic about investing in mines (compared to the average punter), and then on the other though, being pedantic with buying bars, seems, well pedantic. Sounds like you'd be happy to pay 20 odd grand up front and worry about the authenticity as a after thought . . . you know, if you want you can drill a hole in the thing.

You seem to know so much about gold, and yet you know nothing aobut ETF's.

Good luck pinto, but for me, something doesn't add up with your logic and post.

Oh, as for governments: Apply your worries to all gold investments. You think that the govt can touch your physical and ETFs, but hey, they'll just leave the mines to trundle along nicely???? Yeah, they may.

As for looking after your physical investment, I read somewhere that you need a number of metals beside gold: steel, brass, and lead (if you get what I mean).

For me, if times reach that point: I'll stick with religion.

- pug

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.