GRV 0.00% 3.0¢ greenvale energy ltd

Geothermal exploration geologist trying to retire here... Has...

1. 171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Geothermal exploration geologist trying to retire here... Has anyone looked at Within's exploration strategy and the probability of finding viable resources? My main questions:

1) the "volcanoes" mentioned are presumably the Tertiary volcanics, which are around 30 million years old. They will be cold and not provide any significant heat, therefore irrelevant. Any contra thoughts?

2) ORC power plants can produce power from 90-120 degree hot water but either the output is tiny (e.g. Winton) or, in special cases with very high flow-rates of around 200 litres/second, very small ( about 5 MWe max). Does anyone know how Within/GRV expect to get very high flow rates? Are they targeting a particular aquifer with known ultra-high permeability? Will 5 MWe plants be profitable relative to solar/wind+batteries?

So far I've read a lot of general info about geothermal that reads like a high-school project but no detail on their exploration strategy for getting actual viable resources. Am I wrong?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.0¢ 3.0¢ $5K 166.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 546629 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 93318 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GRV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.