GRV 0.00% 3.0¢ greenvale energy ltd

Hi BelgianBert.. How did you know that I set up an Italian...

1. 171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Hi BelgianBert.. How did you know that I set up an Italian geothermal exploration company (2.5K/10K euro srl) in 2014 with a plan to obtain geothermal research permits in Italy, and therefore have more-than-average knowledge of geothermal potential in southern Europe? It never got going but the skeleton is still there. I'm up for a chat and happy to reveal my name, though I'm not sure of the HC etiquette on names - given part of the fun is not knowing who you're talking to..

I was once a Competent Person in the previous round of geothermal enthusiasm in Australia from 2008 to 2012, and looked at PTR's data from Tenerife. In general the geophysics looked good but to me there was no clear evidence that there is a currently active geothermal system of significant size. Basically there is a lack of surface hot springs and fumaroles on the island. This meant the project was fairly low priority given the only way to test was to drill, which would have been fairly expensive. PTR should have done it but at the time they had bigger problems back in Australia.

So back to GRV... here are the basic specs of a recently opened low-enthalpy geothermal power plant in Turkey, taken from a youtube video. It generates 3.8 MWe gross from 105 C water flowing at 706.6 tonnes per hour ( or 196 litres per second assuming it is all water with negligible steam). I haven't yet found details on its well field but the regional geology is a major active volcano rift system with extensional faulting. Some wells in the area at other plants flow naturally at around 50 to 100 lites per second, so perhaps they intersected a highly permeable open fault system. Contrast this geological setting of high heat flow and permeability with that of Queensland... and Australia generally..

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4510/4510046-8d728a6c1877c73b4a0d82bfd9ed456f.jpg

My point with these questions of current ASX geothermal projects is to help improve the reputation of geothermal energy in Australia, which was severely damaged 10 years ago when huge amounts of investor funds were lost. If current projects have a logical technical strategy which could lead to profitable projects then I'm happy - and I might even invest. However if I think there are holes in the plan, and I'm particularly grumpy, I'll ask some questions.. sneaky.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $13.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.0¢ 3.0¢ 3.0¢ $5K 166.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 546629 2.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.0¢ 93318 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GRV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.