GRV 10.7% 2.5¢ greenvale energy ltd

Thanks wrongsidetrader. I saw the volcanic centres mentioned in...

1. 171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Thanks wrongsidetrader. I saw the volcanic centres mentioned in the extraordinarily brief geological outlines for the Within Qld projects.

The report you highlight is all good in theory (actually it's bad..) but its inferred resource and power generation estimates are grossly misleading as they involve huge areas. The heat might be there but it is extremely dilute and uneconomic to mine. Just taking the para on the Surat Basin, for example (page 32)

"The Roma Shelf presents ahighly prospective region due to the presence of well-de ned granites at depth, and sufficient insulationwithin the Surat Basin. Using the modelled heat ow for GSQ Roma 9-10R (82.5 ±2.4 mW/m2), a temperature of 187°C is estimated at 5 km depth, indicating significant potential for a2621 km2 inferred resource area"

Who will ever drill out an area of 2,621 km2, where you need to drill to 5,000 m to somehow retrieve a modest heat of 187 C that will somehow generate the estimated generation potential of 1,751 MWe (p. 90). It is completely unrealistic.

As for the Within projects, I'm tempted to compare them to the heat-flow maps in that report and work out the highly permeable and voluminous sedimentary units that they might be targeting - but that's their job and so far I can't see that they've provided anywhere near enough information for any investment decision. I remain a sceptic..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GRV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.