RNE 0.00% 0.6¢ renu energy limited

geothermal power: australia's future baseload

1. 158 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    The Catalyst programme on the ABC showed brilliantly just how important it is to have geothermal power in the renewable -power mix, noting its baseload power deliverability, zero carbon footprint, and simplicity of establishment versus new conventional power plants [coal, nuclear etc.].

Being a longterm GDY holder [believer] the ABC programme reinforced my commitment to this company. Buying additional shares as the sp has plummeted has been more about having a larger no. of GDY shares in my portfolio rather than averaging down [though undoubtedly it helps].

Buying in at current sp delivers [imho] amazing upside potential value; it is a question of belief: if you believe this company can deliver a successful geothermal power set-up then now is the time to get in / increase your holding whilst it is currently out of favour. I found the same situation developing with LNC when it dropped to 95c on "lack of" coal tenement-sale progress -what an opportunity that was presented to those who could see what the future for LNC was and bought in well before the sale did go through! [I haven't bought any more LNC since as am happy with the amount I hold].

To those who have continued to post on the GDY forum, even though the company news has been sparse/not particularly sexy, I think you deserve our [shareholders] thanks -it is certainly not easy to maintain positive shareholder engagement when the sp is in the doldrums and you merit our respect -whether I agree/disagree is irrelevent, the fact that you've kept the forum alive is important.

To the technologically-minded a request: could a recap of GDY's drilling history and the "hiccups" that have occurred be given to remind/introduce shareholders to what has happened and why. Having enjoyed reading high-quality posts from a number of contributers in the past, I would ask those, clearly experienced, people to give us a "brief" resume and how they feel GDY is positioned compared with other Australian geothermal companies [indeed, why should we buy/hold GDY shares rather than other geothermals].

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.357M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.6¢ 0.6¢ 0.5¢ $89 17.70K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 1382362 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 2200781 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
RNE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.