RYG 0.00% 3.3¢ raya group limited

Got excited when I saw a geothermal thread! Unfortunately, I...

1. 171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26
    Got excited when I saw a geothermal thread!

Unfortunately, I can't see the new RYG holding on to any geothermal projects, and I can't see any value in the Australian tenements, and yes RYG will probably have to pay someone to plug Penola as GDY has done in the Cooper Basin.

I also can't see any significant value in the Indonesian projects. Despite government words geothermal development in Indonesia is going nowhere soon due to PLN and huge up-front costs.

As an old geo I hate to be negative about geothermal but solar and wind have overtaken its potential in many places and old-school, large-scale developers will need to adapt their thinking. It's growing in East Africa due to big government aid projects but elsewhere it is weak due to falling grid demand as roof-top solar (and storage) grows. I think there is strong potential in small-scale, low- and medium-temperature applications in Europe and the US, at enterprise level to avoid grid costs (analogous to roof-top solar). Similar projects could exist in Australia, particularly in the Great Artesian Basin (new project in Winton, for example).

For RYG I don't hold any hope for a significant return from a sale of its geothermal assets.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RYG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.