FGR 3.77% 5.5¢ first graphene limited

Gerdau

1. 3,214 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 951
    Hi All, figured Gerdau is going to last a lot longer as a chat item, than WG presenting at the Emerging Growth conference, and there's a bit to unpack in what its up to, so am giving it its own thread, so any of the developments with them can be drilled down into, in one spot (maybe, lol).

Touch every piece of wood in the house, including the one that's my head, that FGRs MOU with Gerdau does actually convert to the contract he expected in to, in "the next few weeks" but did anyone also note that now that operational breakeven is "kind of, pretty much there..:" (you go WG, lol) that he said that overall breakeven looked to be at about the 20T mark, and "it would be a relief to get there". Yes, absolutely, this is me speculating about out of the box volumes in the contract, in service Gerdau's inhouse needs, as it makes itself into its own laboratory.

The Brazilian meda is covering the Gerdau Graphene launch also, below is the translated article, from:

https://www.moneytimes.com.br/gerdau-lanca-nova-empresa-para-atuar-no-mercado-de-grafeno/

It states in the article that Gerdau will focus on the below in terms of what it tests out on itself, inhouse, before taking it out to to the Americas as a market:

In this first stage, it will focus on the civil construction , industrial and automotive lubricants, rubber, thermoplastics, paints, batteries and sensors markets in the Americas

So uh - that's a lot. Maybe if we can unpack it a bit?:

I note that Gerdaus profile of themselves on "about us" is:

Our Purpose

Empowering people who build the future

The men and women in the steel industry make a transformative impact on society. They create and build with steel. They connect the world through bridges and cars, move people on elevators and across railroads, construct homes that protect families, and erect structures that revitalize landscapes. At Gerdau, we empower people who build the future.

They are one exciting partner, IMNHO. I was wondering who those strategic partnershis already in place (outside of the GEIC and FGR) so I went looking. And found they are partnered in Advanced Steel Processing and Products Research Center at Colorado School of Mines is an international consortium with steelmakers and end-users. Nice...

https://gsn.gerdau.com/collaborative-partnerships

Full article:

https://www.moneytimes.com.br/gerdau-lanca-nova-empresa-para-atuar-no-mercado-de-grafeno/

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3101/3101479-96747b4f4ed8e7e944a7695c11ec00ce.jpg

The first customer will be Gerdau itself and its steel mills (Image: Facebook / Gerdau)

The Gerdau ( GGBR4 ) launched on Thursday a new company focused on developing and marketing products with the application of graphene, a nanomaterial composed only of carbon which has benefits in mechanical properties such as reduced weight and friction.

Gerdau Graphene is part of the portfolio of companies of Gerdau Next, Gerdau's new business division, and will operate independently of the steel business divisions .

In this first stage, it will focus on the civil construction , industrial and automotive lubricants, rubber, thermoplastics, paints, batteries and sensors markets in the Americas

The first customer will be Gerdau itself and its steel mills, said the general director of Gerdau Graphene, Alexandre de Toledo Corrêa, in a note, adding that this allows the creation and testing of new products and solutions with speed and intimacy of application.

Gerdau's vice president, Juliano Prado, pointed out that the company has been working with graphene in Manchester, England, since 2019, and that the product is the strongest material ever found, one of the best drivers that exists, with numerous potential applications.

"With strategic partnerships already established in this new business, we are confident that Gerdau Graphene will be a relevant player in the Americas," he added.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.5¢
Change
0.002(3.77%)
Mkt cap ! $36.25M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.3¢ 5.6¢ 5.3¢ $3.837K 69.74K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13465 5.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.7¢ 94998 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.23pm 28/03/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.5¢
  Change
0.002 ( 3.77 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.3¢ 5.6¢ 5.3¢ 208288
Last updated 14.25pm 28/03/2024 ?
FGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.