molonski,You said:"When the Post office hands me Greer ones , I...

1. 36,517 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

molonski,

You said:

"When the Post office hands me Greer ones , I will had them back .."

"When Steves come out , I will happily purchase more."

We judge our own fellow beings using our own set of values, and form an opinion based on those values. Sometimes our judgment based on those values will change as our values may change over time.

I am not an admirer of Greer, but she did in the past contribute greatly to the feminine movements and the equality issue, and as I understand it, her appearance on an Australian postage stamp is a recognition of that effort. Some may disagree with that assessment or disagree with the manner she went about promoting her cause, but that is a value judgment.

I had watched her once on the ABC Q&A, and she did on that night impress me with her views on the issues that were discussed on that program that night.

Essentially, I do not have an issue with her as an individual and as an intellect.

I had not in the past follow much of Irwin's activities, but from the articles published since his untimely death, he would be an individual who had earned my respect for his efforts on the wildlife issues. I do not know much about his life, so I will not attempt to comment on that.

The point I am trying to make is: both individuals had contributed to society in ways more than I had and ever could have. So, I have no problem with either of them being recognised in their fields of activities, past or present.

We are perfect, but when it is time to make a call, the criteria should be on that individual's overall performance and achievements.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.