German group investing multi millions into ASX resource stocks: Delphi Deutsche Balaton / Sparta AG

1. 1,714 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 44
    I've shared this on the BSX.AX thread. Whilst checking out our #2 holder i'd found this German group has invested heavily in last 4-5 years into resource development stocks on ASX requiring embracing both high risk and high capex. On that basis they are ones to watch. Their total holdings worth $235m as at last weekend, and there may be more. These are just the Aust ones i found, the table is sorted by position in Top20, then MCap.

The chain of ownership is:

Mr.Wilhelm.T Zours à majority in Delphi - à100% in VVBeteiligungen AGà majority in Deutsche Balatonà majority of Sparta

About DELPHI Unternehmensberatung AG (“DELPHI”)

DELPHI is a private investment company located in Heidelberg, Germany, whose primary business objective is to invest its own funds in a portfolio of companies. DELPHI, has been active in other Australian resources investments. Wilhelm Zours is the major shareholder of DELPHI.

About Deutsche Balaton Aktiengesellschaft (“Deutsche Balaton”)

Deutsche Balaton is a German investment company located in Heidelberg. The shares of Deutsche Balaton are listed at the German Stock Exchange for more than 20 years. The company manages its own funds, which are around 250 million EUR of equity (IFRS) and around 500 million EUR of total assets under management. Deutsche Balaton has a very broad investment spectrum ranging from investments in stock listed companies as well as private equity and seed investments to real estate. Deutsche Balaton has a very stable shareholder structure with one majority shareholder, Wilhelm Zours.

Since 2017 this group has expanded its investment focus to the Australian resource sector, particularly those in WA and holdings worth nearly $100m.

About Sparta AG (“Sparta”)

SPARTA AG is a company listed on the Basic Board of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange that primarily buys and sells German securities

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2691/2691498-9ec76cb038792c8ac8dbecfa48291ad0.jpg

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.