VUL 2.45% $3.76 vulcan energy resources limited

Pioneering a new industry is not a walk in a park. Geothermal is...

1. 2,613 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 669
    Pioneering a new industry is not a walk in a park. Geothermal is one of them. But most importantly it's something dearly needed for Germany at this Juncture given the situation they dug for themselves by banning Russian energy. The biggest industrialised country in EU but has issues with energy supply??
    now given the situation, Geothermal opponents can make some noise, albeit very small, but Germany needs every type of energy it can get. Recent ban of nuclear power also does not help either, So in their quest to renewables, its obvious Geothermal going to plays a big part as baseload power. So all those vulcan holders can consider that they are lucky to invest in a company very early on that is part of pioneering new industry. Kudos for Francis for foreseen this opportunity but he himself may not have anticipated that events will fall this way that Geothermal going to have this much importance in Germany this quickly.
    if im to trust Francis's words (which I do, not because of he sounds honest or talk articulately but he has proven himself by talking the talk and walking the walk since day one) he seems very confident about technical aspects of the project but sees timely execution as the biggest risk. I too agree that and expect delays unless everything goes very well as expected from now on. Many risks still to overcome. But vulcan is a company more than worth taking that risk IMO.
    on separate note, I was pondering about one of the comment Francis made to a question he was asked during recent podcast regarding the declining lithium prices. Yes I know that current lithium prices is pretty irrelevant to vulcan as it's production is still years away. But as the answer, Francis said, even if lithium prices goes to zero, we are still making money. Since he didn't elaborate what he said I thought he may be taking about that geothermal side of revenue of the business given the potential large revenue it can generate since vul is not one trick pony.
    Then recently I happened to listen to a podcast featuring Mr Rick rule who is a man who made a name for himself in the mining industry.
    if my memory is correct, our def offtakes in place are agreed in market value. So I thought lithium market value goes to $zero means we are not getting any revenue from lithium offtakes but any revenue it will be from geothermal energy/drilling side, hence Francis said what he said.
    Anyway during the podcast Mr rule mentioned about the importance of having offtake agreements and said usually offtakes are agreed on brackets. He said usually it has minimum and maximum price. That makes sense and now I am just wondering is that what Francis had in mind when he answered that question?????...
    GOOD DAY..

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.76
Change
0.090(2.45%)
Mkt cap ! $707.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.74 $3.80 $3.63 $2.295M 616.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1257 $3.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.80 26550 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VUL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.