VUL 1.68% $4.24 vulcan energy resources limited

German impacts, page-884

1. 10,854 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3589
    M&A is always an interesting point of view.

Consider that Exxon spent US$100M to acquire acreage (~120K acres in Smackover brinefield Arkansas - same field I believe as Standard Lithium will source its Lithium brines) from Galvanic Energy. Imperial Oil is Exxon subsidiary in Canada and is equity holder & partner with E3 Lithium in Alberta Leduc formation - where they used to produce oil so Imperial knows that field very well. Exxon has another subsidiaty - Saltwerx - which JVed with Tetra tech to also develop another bromine/lithium brine field in Arkansas (Tetra also working with Standar Lithium). And overall of this, there is Exxon talking with International Battery Metals - Dr John Burba's company - to license their DLE technology. So it would appear that Exxon is "greasing" an entry into Lithium via a well based extraction and chemical processing strategy ... something they know well. The capital they have invested so far is "petty cash" - they have US$30B of cash on hand.

And that's why it is inevitable that O&G makes (equity) investments into Lithium companies ... but which ones??? Just can't see them going to hardrock mining (bit then back a few decades they were into coal mining). They are likely to stick with what they know ... and wells to produce a brine and chemically process that ... that is something they are comfortable with. Figure that DLE is what they are after ... Exxon leading by the look of it.

Royal Dutch Shell cash on hand ~US$45B
    Equinor Cash on Hand ~ US$42B
    BP Cash on Hand ~US$30B
    Total Cash on Hand ~US$25B
    Eni Cash on Hand ~ US$22B
    Chevron Cash on Hand ~US$9B

So I hope that VUL can stay independent for long enough ... VULSORB IP might be the most valuable thing we own ... plus that resource we have license too ... O&G might just pay up big time (much more so than auto OEMs)

Mind you auto OEMs are not poor either ...
    Toyota cash on hand ~US$74B
    Stellantis cash on hand ~US$71B
    VW cash on hand ~US$69B
    Ford cash on hand ~US$43B
    GM cash on hand ~US$33B
    Mercedes cash on hand ~US$16B

So yeah, if there is another group wanting to do the geothermal power thing and we can "buy" brine (so Opex - no CapEx to get it) ... count me in.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VUL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.24
Change
0.070(1.68%)
Mkt cap ! $797.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.20 $4.30 $4.08 $1.621M 386.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2147 $4.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.28 507 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VUL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.