CUV 2.01% $15.21 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

German Soiree, page-4

1. 734 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 919
    I agree Wicked that it feels very de-risked at this big undervaluation, nothing priced in for the future with Clinuvel and they have the high likelihood of getting blockbuster Vitiligo approved before companies with much greater valuations get any sort of approval or even complete Phase 3s eg Disc Medicine or Imugene etc. The share buyback and recent management words show they are apparently sick of the shorting/manipulations too and now is the time for them to back that up with the buyback and maybe a bit of insider buying would reinforce that messaging.

Cash burning Disc medicine running some Phase 1 and 2s and is mainly interested in entering the EPP market in many years where Clinuvel enjoys an absolute monopoly. EPP is tiny compared to Vitiligo and I believe CUV will have Vitiligo approval before Disc gets a chance at even competing in EPP. Disc is nothing like the financial quality of company that Clinuvel is yet they are valued nearly 4 times greater purely on this future hope, ie if CUV had just the same valuation then they would be ~$50 per share (and still look cheap comparably bc they have no future 'hope' priced in right now). And Clinuvel are about to buyback 1.5 Million shares - out of just 50 Million on issue. And the rather big final kicker is the statement from the last newsletter that they will "keep at it" with buybacks and they "are in the position to prolong the program when required". $180 Million in cash gives you some real firepower and the buyback is just using a tiny percentage of that cash.

I'm putting this link again because it better suits this thread and it mentions the 'household name' ambition in the link below about Dusseldorf meeting from last week. 1st Jan 2026 is the date I heard on the Nasdaq interview last year regarding PW's stated aim to be a household name. We know a tanning product is the holy grail long imagined by many of us, and I guess that the only way they could achieve that (household name ambition) is with a Botox or Ozempic type of product appeal which safe, protective and sunless tanning would certainly be. Let's see what happens, none of this is priced-in in the slightest so it's sort of like holding a lottery ticket on top of your investment in a very profitable company running a Phase 3 into a blockbuster as well as starting a first share buyback.

https://www.finanznachrichten.de/nachrichten-2024-03/61813107-clinuvel-pharmaceuticals-limited-photomedicine-pioneer-clinuvel-unveils-clinical-cosmetic-ambitions-to-german-investors-399.htm

All IMO DYOR

Last edited by Silverchair: 01/04/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$15.21
Change
0.300(2.01%)
Mkt cap ! $762.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.92 $15.28 $14.92 $915.0K 60.34K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 6078 $15.10

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$15.24 2000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$15.20
  Change
0.300 ( 1.88 %)
Open High Low Volume
$14.98 $15.26 $14.98 9078
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
CUV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.