South Australia is a failure as far as renewable energy is...

1. 11,567 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 469
    South Australia is a failure as far as renewable energy is concerned. If all states adopted the same method of generation we would be the laughing stock of the western world.

Tarong in Qld is struggling to keep up with the demand from the Southern state to keep their power on (however are happy to run at capacity & take their money), but this only pushes the CO2 to Qld & the greenies bang their chest about how clean their SA state is.

Renewable CANNOT at this point in time replace base load, battery tech will have to love beyond the Lithium (Yanadium looks promising, but not for cars).

Don't think I am blind to future progress, as I climbed on the Lithium train & Cobalt train early.

I just don't believe the crap shovelled out by greenies pushing an agenda that with leave a legacy for the tax payer for years to come.

China has got it right, ban ICE, but by the time that rolls around they will have completed the construction of another 20 Nuclear power stations (in addition to the 38 currently in operation.)

Nuclear is the best we have right here (new tech will make this redundant but not in my life time) & now Aust is blessed with this resource. We should be a net exporter of energy.

If China have got it so wrong & we have got it so right then why are they not building solar farms to replace the 58 nuclear power stations?

There is nothing clearer than Nuclear end to end with the power density & least amount of deaths per TWh (yes even your beloved solar falls short).

We need China to speak to Jay in SA to see the error of their ways.

I suppose China could always import power from Russia in the event of a shortfall......NOT........They want security of supply, as should we..........It is the Governments duty to supply CHEAP BASE load power for the benefit of the Nation & economic benefit for manufacturing to at least give us a chance to be competitive in the world..

South Aust solution is for business to shut down in times of hot weather to ease the load..Now add the fleet of car & trucks on top of that... Move along no problem her to see.?

(FWIW - I drive a Golf diesel - have done 45,000k's in under 12 months- & can't see an electric car getting me there & back in the allotted time frames (would be drining a lot of coffee at the charge points). I agree that stuffing around in the city, you don't need much more than a glorified golf cart (anything over that is overkill). Can't wait for the fleet of electric autonomous drive cars to hit the roads.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.