No need to crack the sads . It's just a discussion .... I reckon...

1. 35,199 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    No need to crack the sads . It's just a discussion ....

I reckon I have shown you a few new things actually . It seems that you just don't want to accept them . I've certainly improved my knowledge based on your questions and/or statements .

I agree with you that renewables can't replace fossil fuels now . If it weren't for fossil fuels renewables would be totally impractical . However , it does demonstrate that renewables can work if we get storage sorted out and that we can transition to renewables eventually and smoothly if we are smart about . Not like how SA has done it . They are an example of what not to do .

Also agree that there will be a recycling issue with solar panels . The good thing is that it is being addressed at the front end so while it will be an issue , it is being looked at before it gets t00 big .

http://reneweconomy.com.au/solar-panel-recycler-leads-australia-in-emerging-industry-99038/

http://www.renewableenergyworld.com...r-pv-module-recycling-why-it-s-important.html

Sure , renewables have been receiving subsidies but those subsidies are being withdrawn now . All emerging industries recieve subsidies . That's nothing new . As long as those subsidies don't continue is the important bit .

You obviously think I'm a greenie based on your comments but you'd be wrong . I'm an engineering technology nerd . I'm just interested in the engineering solutions and the benefits from them .
    Obviously I want to see a greener world but not at the expense of living standards or practicality . I reckon that by using some clever engineering and some effort we can achieve a greener practical world .

That's my interest in the subject .

It's a pity that want to end the discussion as I reckon we've both learnt some stuff . Unfortunately I didn't learn anything new about nukes though as there seems to have very little development in that area . Pity really .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.