Nuclear like any power source will only last a few generations...

1. 11,564 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 469
    Nuclear like any power source will only last a few generations until Thorium & Fusion become main stream - sadly I won't see that in my life time.

FWIW, Not spitting the dummy.

This could also describe me

(Not the greenie bit .......................... . I'm an engineering technology nerd . I'm just interested in the engineering solutions and the benefits from them . Obviously I want to see a greener world but not at the expense of living standards or practicality . I reckon that by using some clever engineering and some effort we can achieve a greener practical world .

So we are on the same page believe it or not.

I sit with a few people that are involved in the energy space & have some of their knowledge to draw on.

(a bit of trivia - How much does it cost to mine a tonne of coal ready to burn (in Qld).....answer 2c---not a typo.
    How many kW are released from that burning of coal. This is what you have to replace.

Wind turbines in SA last graph I saw was almost nil (a wind drought).

FWIW - I also think molten salt/ solar is a tech that requires more development. Just need to scale them up.
    Pumped Hydro is great, just not enough place (read big enough) in Aust ie snowy hydo. There are plenty of small scale opportunity, but increases the cost per unit produced.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.