GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

germans want to expel greece form euro, page-7

1. 2,755 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    RB said: "Hobo-Jo, anyone buying gold equities during the exuberance on this forum in Nov/Dec has taken a severe beating, especially the high specs being touted here back then."

That's true RB, but ctindale has been calling for the gold equities to be smashed for many month before the Nov/Dec highs. I started scaling heavily in around August/September 2009 and I've taken a big hit, but still well up on entry (overall).

RB said: "Ctindale comes across (to me at least) as not guessing how this is going to play out exactly, is buying bullion on weakness but is avoiding gold equities, which has been the way to go for most of the last decade."

I really can't be bothered trawling through posts to find quotes (HC search isn't very easy to use), but I have seen ctindale claim that:

- GFC2 will start within 3-6 months (think that was around 5-6+ months ago?)
    - Collapse will start in Eurozone, Japan and then spread to the US and other countries
    - Gold equities will be smashed (was calling this 5-6 months ago when priced lower than now)
    - US Gold to fall to under $850, possibly as low as $750

That sounds like pretty specific claims/guesses to me.
    He may still be right and it could play out in a fashion that he has described, but I still think it's way too early to call.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.