URANIUM 1.02% $24.70 uranium futures

"If you don't mind me saying so, your views are looking at how...

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    "If you don't mind me saying so, your views are looking at how society is structured as it is today?"

No, of course I don't mind you saying so. ;)

But of course, my view is that the way society is structured will stay pretty much the same. I agree that an economic, and perhaps ecological (Malthusian) showdown may be in the not-too-distant future.

But I suspect that things will simply be rearranged so that we can continue on our merry way, using electricity, phones, computers, cars, TV, etc etc. and the infrastructure will just have to be modified to cope with that. And that, as far as I can see at least, involves nuclear power.

I think the difference between our approaches is that one is on the idealistic side, while the other is on the pragmatic side.....

I suspect that reality will win out, and people will not want to revert to the living standards that currently occur in about half the world's population who are desperately trying to get OUT of those standards and improve their lifestyles.

You'll have to forgive me leaving this discussion here - no slight intended. I have other things on my plate at the moment (health-related) which will keep me off HC for anything from a few days to forever. Hopefully all will work out, but at the moment, I need to focus my mind elsewhere.

Glad to have enjoyed a civilized debate without name-calling or blatant "my opinion is the only one that counts" attitude - thank you :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URANIUM (NYMEX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.